ChemDraw's ChemBioFinder HotLink includes a link to the ChemSpider website. As you draw a molecule, the ChemSpider link updates, so you can click at any time to review available empirical data.
The ChemSpider.com website is a chemists' collaborative now owned and managed by the Royal Society of Chemistry. ChemSpider provides a structure-centric community for chemists, providing access to millions of chemical structures and integration to a multitude of other online services. The link to ChemSpider is the InChI string, provided automatically within ChemDraw.
This video demonstrates usage of ChemDraw's ChemBioFinder HotLink with research chemists in mind:
- How the HotLinks automatically update as you edit a chemical structure.
- ChemBioFinder links to ChemACX, Ashgate Drugs, ChemINDEX, and The Merck Index, with a survey of each database's content.
- Using ChemINDEX for looking up empirical data such as pKa and LogP.
- How the ChemBioFinder window pulls in synonym data, acting as a structure-to-trivial-name conversion tool.
- How the ChemBioFinder window pulls in CAS Registry Numbers, acting as a structure-to-CAS-Registry Number conversion tool.
- How ChemSpider.com is linked from the ChemBioFinder HotLink by InChI string.