ChemBio3D automatically detects and displays hydrogen bonds both intramolecularly and intermolecularly.
ChemBio3D can detect and display hydrogen bonds in a model
Hydrogen bonds are represented as dashed lines between the donor hydrogen and the acceptor atom.
Bonds with less than ideal geometry are displayed with a blue tint. The intensity of the color increases as the bond becomes less ideal.
ChemBio3D recognizes the following:
- Hydrogen Bond Donors:
- Hydrogen Bond Acceptors:
- All Oxygen atoms
- Nitrogen atoms in delocalized systems
You can also selectively display only the polar hydrogen atoms in a model?
- Intermolecular H-bonds to solvent
- Intramolecular H-bonds, or both
- Weak vs. strong H-bonds indicated
- Polar vs. non-polar Hydrogen indicated
- Dynamic display for trying atomic conformations
For more information, see...
Click here to update your profile.